http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping Technorati Profile Hot Cup of Java.......: A day at the beach...........

Sunday, June 26, 2005

A day at the beach...........

This new photoblogger feature is so much better than Hello and the others. I couldn't wait to check it out-however , my firefox issues with blogger have not been corrected. Back to stupid IE I will go. I shall return.

I'm back with my IE.

Operation Get Tan was a complete success although it should be called get pink. I've got the even base tan I've longed for. We kept it nice and simple(stress free). I have had friends in the past that planned so much it became yet another stress to go relax. Not us. We just got a block of ice, a regular bag of ice, one cooler, 3 -2 liters, cold cuts, mustard and a beach bag with all the little things we thought were usefull. Of course the camera is always in the car along with a couple of picnic blankets. It was just my friend, who we'll call Twink, my lil one, and me. I tanned, he floated, and the lil one splashed and played. A perfect day. I can hardly wait until we do it again in 4 days. We will have a few more people with us next time, but all is well so long as they stick to our game plan we have established or hit the road lol. There is something about having some eats, some drink, the sun, and a large body of water that just cures every ailment. We stayed until the sun set on the water. What amazed me is Twink actually would have loved to stay longer. Usually I regret bringing anyone with me because they want to eat take a dip and leave in a hurry to go do nothing. Or they whine about this or that. I'm seriously thinking of going to the lake after work some night and staying until it's time to go back. I can throw a mattress in the back of the wagon and bring a clean uniform and some face for the next day.........That would be awesome so long as it was timed just so. Of course I would miss out on the best rays as I'd be heading to work right at that time.

I love this pic of the lawnmower (which reminds me I need to pick mine up from the repair shop). Nick posted it to the sapulpa area lovers group on yahoo. Mine is not as fun looking as the one in the pic lol. My lawn may not be as high if I were to own one of those.

I seen a sad sight on the way back from the lake today. The tennis courts that we played at every night were destroyed. I'm not sure if it was a storm or what. We had stopped for something to eat and decided to visit our old park and eat at the picnic table before we hit the highway again home. One of the huge lightpoles was laying flat across one of the courts--the fence was mangled--and the lil bench was standing on one end. The power to the remaining lights was cut off. The huge old tree had been sawed down so I'm assuming it too fell. It was very depressing to see our salvation in such shape. When I was with whine boy--his girls and my kids(all mine as far as I was concerned) played there every night when he was out of state. During the day we would do other fun activities--but the tennis at night was where we let off steam and vented while we slammed around the tennis balls. Usually, we would discuss the dread we felt thinking of his return. But this was our thing--our constant. We enjoyed those nights and were quite determined to make it to our matches. When he returned he would never accompany us --and resented us going. He would always try to put a damper on our tennis--coming up with any lame excuse he could. Soon after, his children escaped to live with their deceased mothers mom. It was better than to tolerate his spoiled fits of rage. At that point we knew there was no longer any reason for us to be near him either. I still talk to the girls from time to time. And there is no doubt those two little tennis courts were deemed special to all of us. I do hope they make the needed repairs. It is right behind a firestation so maybe they play there during the day. That would encourage it's restoration.

A new friend of mine went out of state recently--I'm not sure if he will even get online while he is there, but I hope he made it safely and his having a blast. Maybe he will drop me a line and let me know how he is doing..........;0)

Well, I'm winding down now after an easy day under the sun. It was just what the docter ordered, Docta Sue, that is...............



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Personal Blogs Blog Directory
MyArtPlot.com . Arts & Crafts Community, Platform, Market